First of all, gahhhhhhh nomnomnom this is good. It’s just as good as it looks! If you’re craving a warm, comforting pasta dish, this is it! Second of all, eating it twice in one week is the limit. Three meals and you’re overdoing it. Don’t overdo it. Here comes the recipe!
- 1 medium butternut squash
- Coconut oil (around 3T total, use throughout recipe)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed (to release flavor)
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (don’t shake the can, scoop out the fatty stuff)
- ½ cup chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms (shiitake are great!)
- 4 large zucchini, spiralized into whatever version you like
- 1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- Pepper to taste
- Set oven to 375.
- Roast butternut squash for 30-45 min until tender (slice lengthwise, scoop out seeds, spray with oil or rub with coconut oil, place cut side down in glass dish, place uncovered in oven).
- Let squash cool. Once it is cooled, scoop out the flesh and place into your blender.
- Add 1 T coconut oil to a pan over medium heat & add the onions & garlic. Saute for 3 – 5 min until onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the garlic & onions, rosemary, coconut milk, broth, & salt to the blender with the squash. Blend until smooth (an immersion blender works also).
- Add 1T coconut oil to a large pan. Add the mushrooms and saute for about 2 min just before they get too brown.
- Prepare your zucchini pasta. I spiralized mine right into the pan. So pretty & green!
- Cook the zucchini for about 3 minutes, until it is almost tender.
- Add the sauce to the pan and continue to cook until sauce is hot and zucchini is tender.
- Garnish with freshly-ground black pepper and serve hot.
I hope you enjoy this yummy dish! Next time, I’m planning to add some red pepper flakes. Let us know if you try it out first!